April 29, 2021
A meeting of the Executive Committee of Pakistan Bar Council, was held today at 01:00 p.m., in Council’s Office, Islamabad, with Mr. Muhammad Faheem Wali, in the Chair. The attendance of the meeting was as under:-
(1) Mr. Muhammad Faheem Wali . . . . . . Chairman
(2) Mr. Khush Dil Khan . . . . . . Special Invitee
Vice-Chairman, Pakistan Bar Council.
(3) Mr. Haroon ur Rashid . . . . . . Member
(4) Mr. Muhammad Ahsan Bhoon . . . . . . Member
(5) Mr. Muhammad Masood Chisthi . . . . . . Member
(6) Mr. Hassan Raza Pasha . . . . . . Member
(7) Syed Qalb e-Hassan . . . . . . Special Invitee
(8) Syed Amjad Shah . . . . . . Special Invitee
(9) Mr. Abid Saqi . . . . . . Special Invitee
2. Apart from transacting other business of its Agenda, the Executive Committee, unanimously passed a Resolution appreciating and supporting the landmark Judgment passed by the Hon’ble Supreme Court in Review Petition of Hon’ble Mr. Justice Qazi Faez Isa Case. This will go a long way in determining the Independence of Judiciary and Rule of Law. The Executive Committee paid rich tributes to the Hon’ble Supreme Court by standing its ground and dispensing complete justice in the matter.
3. The Committee also demanded that in view of the dubious role played by Mr. Muhammad Farogh Naseem, Federal Minister for Law & Justice and Mr. Shahzad Akber, Special Assistant to Prime Minister, (SAPM), they must resign from the public offices they hold.
4. The Committee expressed its grave concerns over the disclosures made by Mr. Bashir Memon, Ex-DG, FIA alleging undue influence of Senior state officials and demanded high powered Judicial Commission to inquire into such revelations and recommend stern action against the delinquents.