June 21, 2021
An emergent meeting of the Legal Education Committee of Pakistan Bar Council, was held today at 01:00 p.m., in Council’s Office, Islamabad, with Mr. Azam Nazeer Tarar, in the Chair. The attendance of the meeting was as under:-
(1) Mr. Azam Nazeer Tarar . . . . . . Chairman
(2) Mr. Haroon ur Rashid . . . . . . Member
(3) Mr. Muhammad Faheem Wali . . . . . . Member
(4) Syed Amjad Shah . . . . . . Member
(5) Ch. Tahir Nasrullah Warraich . . . . . . Through Video Link
(6) Syed Qalb e-Hassan . . . . . . Through Video Link
2. The Legal Education Committee, unanimously decided that due to the emergent circumstances arising out of LAW-GAT result affecting Law Graduates conducted by the Higher Education Commission on 30-05-2021, and to save the precious time of the candidates and doing complete justice with the affectees because of the out of course; faulty; factually incorrect and ambiguous questions ¬¬– the Committee recommended to the Pakistan Bar Council to direct the Provincial/Islamabad Bar Councils to treat all those candidates eligible for enrolment who has obtained 40% marks in the LAW-GAT examination held on 30-05-2021, as a One Time Relief because of these special circumstances.
3. It was also recommended to the Council that in future the passing marks should be reduced to 45% to bring it at parity with the University examinations. Furthermore, the already prevalent three chances have also been recommended to be enhanced to a maximum of five chances for appearance in the LAW-GAT examination.