November 24, 2021
The 235th meeting of the Pakistan Bar Council, was held today at 02:00 p.m., in Council’s Office, Islamabad, with Mr. Khush Dil Khan, Vice-Chairman, Pakistan Bar Council, in the Chair.
2. The attendance of the meeting was as under:-
(1) Mr. Khush Dil Khan . . . . . . Vice-Chairman
(2) Mr. Muhammad Faheem Wali . . . . . . Chairman
(3) Mr. Haroon-ur-Rashid . . . . . . Member
(4) Mr. Muhammad Tariq Afridi . . . . . . Member
(5) Syed Amjad Shah . . . . . . Member
(6) Mr. Muhammad Masood Chishti . . . . . . Member
(7) Ch. Tahir Nasrullah Warraich . . . . . . Member
(8) Mr. Muhammad Ahsan Bhoon . . . . . . Member
(9) Mr. Abid Saqi . . . . . . Member
(10) Mr. Azam Nazeer Tarar . . . . . . Member
(11) Syed Qalb-e-Hassan . . . . . . Member
(12) Mr. Hafeez-ur-Rehman Chaudhry. . . . . . Member
(13) Mirza Aziz Akbar Baig . . . . . . Member
(14) Mr. Hassan Raza Pasha . . . . . . Member
(15) Mr. Shahadat Awan . . . . . . Member
(16) Mr. Shahab Sarki . . . . . . Member
(17) Mr. Muhammad Yousuf Laghari . . . . . . Member
3. The Pakistan Bar Council, apart from transacting other business on the Agenda, also passed the following Resolutions:-
(i) The House unanimously resolved and demanded that an independent Inquiry Commission comprising of a retired Chief Justice, Senior Lawyer of great repute and a Senior Parliamentarian of impeccable character, be constituted to inquire into the recent allegations pertaining to audio and video recordings, whereby the independence of Judiciary has been brought into question and such Commission should formulate its recommendations for appropriate actions against the responsible person by fixing responsibility of the delinquent so as to ensure the fundamental rights of the people of Pakistan and to restore the public confidence in the Judicial system.
(ii) The House took serious exceptions to the conduct of visits by the Judicial Officers to various schools on the orders of the superior authorities which is beyond the dignity and status of a Judge and the Judiciary and is also violative of the fundamental rights of the citizens of Pakistan and the same shall immediately be stopped.
(iii) The House considered the recommendation of the law and justice Committee and authorized the Law Reforms Committee of the Pakistan Bar Council to convene a representative meeting of Lawyers from across the Country and in the light of their feedback recommend amendments in the existing laws so as to bring it in conformity with justice, equity, good conscious and fairness.
(iv) The House also showed its grave concerns over the price hike of daily commodities which has become out of reach for the common man, increase in unemployment, worsening law & order situation in the Country, the target killings of innocent people including Lawyers and media personnel, in addition to that the Council has also expressed strong reservations of passing Thirty three Bills in a single day by the Federal Government without consensus of the Opposition, severe conditionality of the IMF imposed upon the Government of Pakistan in respect of getting loan and continuous de-valuation of Pak rupee. The Council authorized the learned Vice-Chairman to convene a Convention at Islamabad, where all stake holders i.e. Representatives of Bar Bodies, Civil Society, Media Persons and Leaders of Political Parties, would be invited to discuss all these issues with them.